Unitarian Universalist Church of Silver Spring
We are a progressive, warm, and energetic faith community, committed to upholding the inherent worth and dignity of every person, and safeguarding the fragile balance of our environment. Learn more about our congregation and visitor information.
Rev. Dr. Leon Dunkley shares this letter, "The Fires of Ferguson."
Join us for worship on Sept 6th at 10:30 a.m.
- Nursery Care and Religious Education for children through grade 12 are offered during the summer worship services. An informal coffee hour follows the service.
- Family friendly Camping Trip, Sept 5-7th, at Rocky Gap State Park. Contact Steve Wilmarth for more information.
- Reverend Liz is on Sabbatical until September 13th.
- We return to TWO services on September 13th when we hold our Ingathering Water Communion Service. There will be a pot luck lunch (bring side dishes) after the 2nd service.
From Dreams to Reality: Come See our Draft Building Plans!
After a year of hard work, our fearless team of "Dream Builders" have completed the hard work of translating the dreams of our congregation in to building plans.
Join us at any of 10 meetings over the next few weeks to see the proposed plans and provide your feedback. Here's the schedule, please join us!
- Blue Jeans Saturday, September 12th, 9 am to 2 pm. Come help tidy up the Church's building and grounds. A lunch entree will be served, sides welcome! Contact Brian Beard for more info.
- The Catoctin Retreat weekend will be Oct. 2-4. This is a fun, informal weekend away with your UUCSS community. We'll have information on how to register online soon.
- Upcoming Climate Action Dates:
September 9 & 10 – Grandparents Climate Action Day, featuring keynote James Hansen. You don’t have to be a grandparent to participate!
September 24 – Moral Action for Climate Justice March on the Mall + Pope Francis address to Congress.
- September 30th- Screening of the award winning film, Revolution. Purchase tickets online.
You can get involved by participating in the events above, hosting UUs from across the country who will be in town, writing Congress, and more. Stay tuned for more details from your Green Sanctuary Committee.
Learn more about these and other upcoming events, annoucements and meetings. and get an overview of activities and groups in our "What's Happening at UUCSS?" booklet.
UUCSS Special Initiatives
|Below are some of the priorities UUCSS supports.|
American Sign Language (ASL) interpreting services are provided year round for Sunday morning worship in the Sanctuary; at the 11:30 a.m. service (note new schedule, as of May 3rd, 2015) from Labor Day to Father's Day, and at the 10:30 a.m. service during the summer. An interpreter will also be available during Coffee Hour each week.
ASL Interpreting services for Children's Religious Education (RE) classes may be provided on the 3rd and 4th Sundays of each month at 9:30 am. Requests must be received Monday prior to the Sunday RE class requiring interpreting services. To submit a request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
View short videos showing how to sign the congregational statements used within our worship services. We encourage everyone to learn to sign these short statements.
|UUCSS is a Green Sanctuary. Learn more about we're doing, individually and as a church, to help us be better stewards of the Earth.|
UUCSS welcomes and celebrates the lives of all people regardless of sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identification. Learn more.
|Learn about the Unitarian Universalist Association at www.uua.org.|